Available 24/7 205.928.6544
What can be done after a Decision's Been Made on My Divorce, Custody, or Child Support Case?

What can be done after a Decision's Been Made on My Divorce, Custody, or Child Support Case?

Post Judgement Family Law

“What can be done after a Decision’s Been Made on My Divorce, Custody, or Child Support Case?”

Once a decision has been reached on a family law case, that decision can feel permanent. As a parent or recent divorcee you might not know what to do next. “Post-judgement matters” is the collective term for these types of rulings that can be filed after the initial judgment has been made. The attorneys at Revill Law Firm are experienced with Post-Judgement Family Law all across Alabama and can help you enforce or modify your recent divorce, custody, child support, or spousal support case results.

With Family Law, the courts know that living situations can change, and when that happens the previous judgement may no longer be the proper ruling; for example, getting a new job that comes with more or less income or moving out of state could warrant what’s called a “Petition to Modify”, wherein the original judgement could be changed. If you or a loved one are facing a situation where child support, visitation rights, alimony, or any other family law matter needs a post-judgement modification, reach out to an attorney at the Revill Law Firm today.

In addition, if one party is not complying with the judgement set, a “Petition for Rule Nisi” or “Motion for Contempt” can be filed in order to get that party to comply with the ruling. For example, if one party is not following through with the correct allocation of finances or property after a divorce judgement, a Petition can be filed to ensure that party pays what is owed or divides up property as was judged. Additionally, these motions can apply to child custody and visitation rights as well as child support and alimony.

The Revill Law Firm has experience in representing people in these motions across the State of Alabama, Jefferson County, and Birmingham. We understand that these processes can often feel intimidating or impossible, but our attorneys have the compassion, knowledge, and experience to help. If you or a loved one had a judgement ruled on a family law case and are wondering what can be done, contact the Revill Law Firm to and speak to one of our attorneys today.

Contact the Revill Law Firm

Get Started with a Free Consultation
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.