Accusations of fraud or theft are very common in Alabama. Our Birmingham criminal attorneys regularly represent clients in all manner of crimes related to the theft, attempted theft, or damage to property. Some of the most common charges we defend are:
· Sale of Unregistered Securities
· Identity Theft
· Receiving Stolen Property
· Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card
Our attorneys have had theft charges dismissed before trial, and have obtained “not guilty” verdicts after bench trials and jury trials. Hundreds of our clients have been admitted to deferred prosecution or pretrial diversion programs on theft charges as well. A deferred prosecution program often results in a dismissal of the case, making a client eligible for an expungment of their record.
You can’t afford to have a subpar criminal defense team on your side. While punishments are typically not as stiff for property crimes as they are for violent crimes, a conviction for a felony property crime could still result in:
· sentence to jail or prison
· a lengthy probationary period
· mandatory community corrections enrollment
· expensive fines, costs and restitution
· inability to obtain a good job because of conviction
· loss of driving privileges
· loss of the right to vote or carry a firearm
If you have been accused of a fraud or theft, your freedom and your reputation are at stake. Contact the experienced Birmingham criminal attorneys at the Revill Law Firm for a review of your case. Call (205) 521-9929, or email us at www.revilllawfirm.com today for a free consultation.